Effective 1 March 2016
Collection of Personal Data
1. Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with the Service and to protect your account.
2. We may ask you to provide personal information when you use the Service, including when you enter into transactions on our website and applications. The data that we may ask you to supply includes, without limitation, title , first and last names, date of birth, telephone number, email address, residential or mailing address and, if you make any contributions to a campaign, credit card number, expiration date and authentication codes or related information (all the data you supply being "Personal Data").
3. Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that you do not provide any Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or related rewards.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
4. If you provide any personal data to us, you are deemed to have authorised us to collect, retain and use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- processing your use of the Service and maintaining and managing your relationship with SparkRaise;
- verifying your identity;
- verifying your eligibility to make use of the SparkRaise website and the Service;
- providing you with products, services and other rewards, or any other activity conducted by SparkRaise to offer you better customer service;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback or claims;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and the Services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- providing you with a log-in username for our website; and
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any feedback or claims made by you.
5. You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to third party service providers engaged by us to assist with providing you with the Service (including data entry, managing our customer database, contacting you regarding promotions, products, rewards, vouchers and redemption letters, payment processing and customer service) and securely disposing of your Personal Data ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at Clause 4 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
6. When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organisations for purposes specified in Clause 4 above.
7. We may use your name, phone number, address and email address to provide marketing materials to you relating to our products and the Services and related rewards, including goods and services provided at (i) SparkRaise; (ii) goods and services offered by SparkRaise's affiliates; and (iii) goods and services offered by SparkRaise's partners. Such goods and services for each of the foregoing may include, but is not limited to, art, crowdfunding, culture, design, development, education, film, fashion, food, fundraising, games, music, performance, publishing, social causes, science, sports, and/or technology.
8. We may share aggregate data that does not allow you to be identified with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use this data in order to better understand your needs and to improve and adapt our products and the Services.
9. Any personal information supplied by you will be retained by us and may be accessible by our employees, representatives, agents, assigns, any Third Party Service Providers engaged by us, and third parties referred to in Clause 6 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Clause 4 herein.
11. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site, by users will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and the Services and related rewards and to meet user needs.
Marketing using Personal Data
12. When we collect Personal Data, you may be asked to indicate whether or not you have any objection to our use of your Personal Data for our direct marketing activities.
13. Please note that if you do not wish to have your Personal Data used for the marketing purposes set out below, you have the right to indicate that you do not wish for your Personal Data to be used in this manner at the time that you provide your Personal Data. You may also contact SparkRaise in writing if you have previously not objected to our use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, but subsequently do object.
14. Subject to the above, your name and personal contact details together with your transaction history, financial background and other information provided by you to SparkRaise may be used by SparkRaise and its associated companies for its direct marketing purposes. These will include the marketing of products and the Services offered by SparkRaise and its associated companies from time to time.
Safety of Personal Data
15. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by us is stored in a secure and safe place, and accessed only by our authorised employees, representatives, agents, assigns, or authorised Third Party Service Providers.
16. You should be aware that no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
Information Collected When You Use Our Website
18. We may use 'cookies' on this site in order to:
- enable tighter security
- enable online users to keep browsing
- personalise sites for users
- build online user or visitor profiles
19. Cookies are pieces of information stored in your electronic device's hard-drive about your preferences on our site, which enable the site to be tailored to you in future visits. Customers who want to disallow cookies can do so on their web browser. However, by disabling cookies you may not be able to access all parts of our website.
Right to Access/ Correct Personal Data
20. Under the Ordinance, you have the right of access to personal information held by us and to request correction of the information.
22. In accordance with the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.